School Attendance & Welfare Services
Our services include:
We chair school attendance meetings with parents and have difficult and challenging conversations with families so that the school's relationship is maintained.
- Where necessary and appropriate, carry out home visits to investigate safeguarding concerns
- Meet regularly with school staff to review attendance and referrals.
We are authorised by Essex police to issue Penalty Notices for unauthorised absence and term time holidays.
- Refer to social care and other agencies when necessary
- Liaise with appropriate staff regarding child protection issues
Work with Social Care, Mental Health, NHS and Essex Police to safeguard children and to make school attendance a priority.
- Provide termly attendance reports to schools
- Attend Ofsted inspections as and when required
- Complete documentation for cases to be progressed to the Local Authority for legal proceedings
- Provide parenting and welfare support
Train and support staff on school specific systems such as SIMs.